How much time does your HR staff spend looking for information? How much time do they spend answering the same, repetitive questions, day after day?
And…how much time do your employees spend looking for information before they give up and call your overworked staff?
Amidst the daily routine of attending to tasks, achieving targets, coordinating with managers and peers, your people can find it hard to get instant answers or respond to queries.
This can slow down your communication and demotivate your people.
Deploying a chatbot can make your HR process more efficient by handling many tasks and requests formally handled by humans. In areas where rapid communication, instant answers, and the availability of resources drive the user experience, chatbots showed great promise in removing communication bottlenecks.
Chatbots are a special kind of virtual bots that use voice or text to simulate human interaction.
There are countless ways to implement them, limited only by the imagination of their designers, but generally they fall into two types. The primary difference is whether they are driven by rules or intelligent algorithms.
Rules based bots
You can design a basic chatbot to provide programmed answers to specific questions. They are cognitive computing in that they can recognize input and give an appropriate response, but they are not intelligent.
Rules-based bots are easy to train, sometimes requiring only that you upload questions, keywords, and responses, but they don’t learn from their interactions with humans.
These kinds of bots can save your HR staff’s time by answering many of your employees questions they often handle. They can also simplify interacting with your applications interface.
Algorithms based bots
Algorithms drive the intelligent chatbots. When you add AI to chatbots, you get an entirely new experience. A smart chatbot can ask clarifying questions to get you to the right answer. you can train them to recognize speech or text patterns that show emotion, so it can “know” when an employee needs should reach a human. Sophisticated algorithmic chatbots can also be developed to learn from their experiences to provide better service.
How Chatbots can streamline your HR process and bring HR into flow of work
Chatbots in HR can help automate many of your routine repetitive HR tasks and free up your time for critical tasks like having one on one conversations with candidates and drawing insights to improve communications.
- In recruiting, a chatbot can act as a real-time medium of communication and engagement. It responds to routine questions immediately and reaches out to a human right away when necessary.
- Chatbots can be trained to offer suggestions for your employee training based on an individual’s career development plan or find recommendations for a new learning path.
- Chatbots can support your employee onboarding with constant communication offering instant access to crucial resources they need to get accustomed to workplace culture.
- You can also turn your employee feedback surveys into friendly chatbot conversations that make process interactive.
- A chatbot can also save your HR staff’s time by answering the common questions your employees will have during the open enrolment process.
- Chatbot can help your employees find important resources right when they need them, serving as a quick resource finder.
As chatbots grow into maturity, they will make both your HR group and the people it serves more connected and productive.
Let chatbots handle your drudgery and create efficiencies that can improve communication and performance in your organization.
Chasma Place, is an independent source for solutions that will help you keep pace with changes in the way your people work without ripping and replacing your existing systems.